Monday, October 18, 2010

A Cupcake Weekend

There is just so much to tell you about. I don't know where to start.



October is a busy birthday month around here, and this weekend we celebrated a few of them. I have been wanting to make this recipe from Lemonade Makin' Mama for Salted Caramel Icing for a while, and this seemed like the perfect time to try it. It was delicious. I did cool it in the refrigerator for a while to make it a thicker consistency, and I drizzled a some melted chocolate on top.



I didn't stop there. I also made vanilla cupcakes. I used this butter cream frosting recipe from Epicurious. That was so good too.



Today, while I was walking off the cupcakes, I took a few pictures and look at what I spied. I heart shape in the trees. I couldn't believe it!



Oh, and I went to see Wicked. It was a wonderfully written musical and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. If you have a chance to see it - you should.

Galinda: I don't understand why you can't just teach us history instead of always harping on the past.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Your cupcakes look so yummy! Awesome that you spied that heart shape - it's always out there, we just have to stop to look. I've heard the musical is amazing - i wouldn't say the same about the book though.

Love your pink sweater from the last post. I'm off to follow your link.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Your cupcakes look delicious and I love, love, love the photos of all that gorgeous fall foliage!! You are so fortunate to have that much beauty so close!