Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Top Week


Rae from Made by Rae is hosting Spring Top Week. She has a wonderful ruffle top tutorial on the Sew, Mama, Sew website. It inspired me to make an Anthropologie inspired top that I saw on Grosgrain.


I followed Rae's tutorial leaving off the ruffles, and then added some lace that I had in my stash. I tea dyed some of the lace and then also dyed some pieces gray, and left some natural.

This is the detail up close.

I think I might make another one out of swiss dot material.



In the knitting department, I am working on a dress with this as the top part, and fabric for the skirt, but more on that soon.

Finally, there are some great DIY fashion blogs out there that I've really been enjoying lately. They all have wonderful tutorials on DIY fashion.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your Anthro inspired top! Thanks for sharing the DIY fashion blogs. I'm so inspired to finally get off my arse and make something weekend. :)

Kate said...

I love your top! Very lovely. I can't wait to see the dress!

MadMad said...

Speaking of DIY fashion, you're doing a pretty good job yourself! Is the knit design for the top of the dress your own? So pretty!

kim said...

I absolutely love the lace top. You possess some made crafting skillz. Really, really nice!

sweetp said...

I LOVE the top you made. SO cool!

Shannon said...

I adore your anthro inspired top. Beautiful work. I stopped by through Ray. I am loving what I'm seeing so I added you to my reader (if you don't mind:).

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love your top. Can't wait to see your dress!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that top! Great job!!!