Monday, June 30, 2008

Athos

Did you guess D?


Athos
by Norah Gaughan
Size 9 and 7 bamboo circular needles
Color Washed Denim

I have to say I loved the Linen Jeans yarn. I was afraid when I noticed it was a tape yarn, but the LYS had a sample of the finished sweater on display and it looked so pretty that I couldn't resist. The yarn was great to work with. It is a linen blend and perfect for a summer sweater. It slid along the bamboo needles with out any struggling. It didn't split at all. Nor did it slip of the needles easily, and it drapes beautifully. It really was a fabulous yarn to work with. I can't say enough good things about it. (I guess that's obvious.)

I was going to try and do as much of the pattern in the round as I could to avoid seams, but then I chickened out. That was why I had to read up on seaming. I found a good seam tutorial on the web from Knit Simple Magazine here. My gauge was off, so I compensated by making the smallest size.

Overall I'm happy with how it turned out, and I learned a new technique (seaming).

Gotta run, I hear the dryer buzzing me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the laundry will still be there. This was worth letting it wait. The color is very pretty and will surely become a staple in your Summer wardrobe.

Caffeine Faerie said...

That is beautiful! I love the neck detail! And the yarn looks to die for!

And shmeh, one can never keep up with the laundry - so why bother trying? ;)

Connie said...

I just wanted to thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

I love your Athos by the way. I'm always awed by Norah Gaughan's designs. They're unique, yet wearable.

Susan said...

The detail on the neck is great. Fab FO, for sure!

Anonymous said...

very nice. i am a huge fan of tape yarns but the last one was bamboo and it dissappointed me so much that i have sworn off of bamboo at least but i love linen and pgcqnow i'll try this yarn!

Anonymous said...

This looks really good on you! It's a great colour and the tape yarn has given it a fantastic drape.

Philigry said...

that looks really nice. love that yarn!